Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Does any boiler out there fit all of these needs?  (Read 15140 times)

baldwin racing

• OWF Brand: Thermo-Control (indoor)
  • OWF Model: 500/2000 (in the insulated jacket)
    • View Profile
Re: Does any boiler out there fit all of these needs?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 05:44:18 PM »

Hey, thanks for the quick responses all, much appreciated.   :thumbup:

Adding additional insulation and replacing doors/windows is on "the list" for the drafty 'ol farmhouse, and will hopefully be next years project.  The trouble is I'm a contractor by trade, so I don't have alot of time (or desire!) to work on my own stuff.  It will be done, though, or I'll be divorced.....

Scott, thanks for the info.  The CPW 250 isn't big enough, you don't think?  It is actually on the "short list" of stoves I was looking at, along with the P&M ML30 and the Heatmor 200 CSS (althought that HM isn't nearly as impressive as the other 2).

Do you have any info on IL dealers?  Close to 62246?

my buddy P&M m36 made it 4 1/2 years and rotted out......if you go to my post on (portage of main ?) in discussion they do make a new model i posted info it's not even out to public yet...do you have to go outdoor or do you have a grage or shop thats insulated that you could run stove out of? may look into indoor model? getting the heat off the boiler to heat building it's in plus getting the hot water heat for house and so on.....just throwing other option out there....if indoor is exceptable may want to try looking in to thermal-control or other comapny that have indoor models....I would reccommend getting in a insulated jacket unless you have it in basement of house.....let us know what you go with....
kelly
husqvarna 357 xp
allis-chalmers 5050 2,100 org hrs
farmall m (set up for just tractor pulling)
farmall H

XJCraver

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: CWP 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »

And he is getting a central boiler.

Lol.  I can assure you, whatever stove we do end up with, it will NOT be a CB.  Nothing against their stoves at all, but the local dealer is a class-A ____.  I will not spend any money with him, for a stove, or parts, or anything; just not gonna happen.   ;D

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 05:53:32 PM »

I agree. My cb dealer told me if it ain't cb its junk. Said the tests don't lie for their stoves or pex. Must be if you buy john deere you buy central boiler? I bought a kubota which I think is a better tractor with basic options.

Ohiowood

• OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: E-classic1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 06:40:27 PM »

Have to say, had a Central Boiler for 3 years so far and it's been great! 2600 sq ft with DHW , run from Nov to April.  1400 E-Classic 

Also Pex line. I believe is a must for little to no heat loss.

Great installer and good Rep services.

Just my 2 cents

Jack72

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »

Hi   
   Before even thinking about buying a stove  you better be about 2 years ahead on your wood unless your going to buy all your firewood      other wise your going to be burning unseasoned wood and your burn times are going to be very low and wasting your time and getting upset when you are relighting you're stove all the time from burning wet unseasoned wood   

As far as what brand I know there is plenty of cb haters on the forum and that's fine   But any stove you purchase you need to take care of and pay a little attention to cleaning and maintance  to it or you must have extra money to burn               With most of the statements you've made I don't think their is a stove for you.   Maybe try geo thermal               Sorry just my two cents. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings

Good luck with your purchase
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:17:23 PM by Jack72 »
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »

And he is getting a central boiler.

Lol.  I can assure you, whatever stove we do end up with, it will NOT be a CB.  Nothing against their stoves at all, but the local dealer is a class-A ____.  I will not spend any money with him, for a stove, or parts, or anything; just not gonna happen.   ;D
OK so if isn't anything about the CB stoves..And your local dealer sucks..Thats really gonna make you not buy a cb stove?? There are other dealers out there!! Isn't that the territory for anything
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »

Hi   
   Before even thinking about buying a stove  you better be about 2 years ahead on your wood unless your going to buy all your firewood      other wise your going to be burning unseasoned wood and your burn times are going to be very low and wasting your time and getting upset when you are relighting you're stove all the time from burning wet unseasoned wood   

As far as what brand I know there is plenty of cb haters on the forum and that's fine   But any stove you purchase you need to take care of and pay a little attention to cleaning and maintance  to it or you must have extra money to burn               With most of the statements you've made I don't think their is a stove for you.   Maybe try geo thermal               Sorry just my two cents. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings

There are many of my customers cut trees as they need them, no joke..    I'm talking cut today and burn tomorrow until it runs out, there are many who no matter how hard you try to educate, believe that wet or green wood lasts longer because it's harder to burn.

To make things worse, my local hardy dealer who has been here since hardy came along, advises his customers to burn all green wood, he even discourages wood sheds and says to just pile it up by the stove...
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »

Yeah Scott I have heard that green wood comment a lot around here I have noticed a big difference in wet vs dry wood in my hardy along with reading on here a wood shed of some kind is in the near future for me. There is a guy I know who has a hardy and I have seen while trees laying beside it limbs and all with a little missing each day as he needs it and I have also seen smoke hanging for a good while too. I don't seem to have much of a smoke issue but my wood has been cut for a year I can't wait to see results when I get ahead. It is definitely hard to get a head just having the stove for 10 months but I believe I cut enough last year to make it all this winter and some of next
Michael West
Central Ohio

MattyNH

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »

This whole post is who is right and who is wrong.. Which brand sucks. What brand is the best. Dealers pushing their product..Dealers that suck...You know what..They are all designed to do one thing..Heat water and keep you warm..There will never be a right answer to anyone..So many different opinions on the product..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT

Jack72

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »

Hi   

There are many of my customers cut trees as they need them, no joke..    I'm talking cut today and burn tomorrow until it runs out, there are many who no matter how hard you try to educate, believe that wet or green wood lasts longer because it's harder to burn.

To make things worse, my local hardy dealer who has been here since hardy came along, advises his customers to burn all green wood, he even discourages wood sheds and says to just pile it up by the stove...

That's fine Scott my stove will do that too.          But your btu's got to be low that you are achieving out of that piece of wood  aren't they.     I'm asking     I would think the more seasoned the better   But I've been wrong before
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009

MattyNH

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »

Dont mean to ask a stupid question but what is the problem with the pipe in the middle of the stove and why wont they last as long.

There has been a lot of stuff put out on the net that top chimneys leak all the time....   I've not seen this to be true, the only thing you have to do is inspect the top around the chimney every year.  Probably resilicone it every 3-5 years,
7 years with my boiler..stack comes up from the middle of the boiler..Never had a problem..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »

Oh your right, but some people don't care, if wood is 50% moisture content, you've automatically lost half it's potential

But to many folks, wood is no object, it's hard to sell someone on efficiency when they have 200-400 acres of woods on there property, they literally drag it out of the woods and cut it as they need it like walker said

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Jack72

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

This whole post is who is right and who is wrong.. Which brand sucks. What brand is the best. Dealers pushing their product..Dealers that suck...You know what..They are all designed to do one thing..Heat water and keep you warm..There will never be a right answer to anyone..So many different opinions on the product..

Amen.  Matty.       
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »

Dont mean to ask a stupid question but what is the problem with the pipe in the middle of the stove and why wont they last as long.

There has been a lot of stuff put out on the net that top chimneys leak all the time....   I've not seen this to be true, the only thing you have to do is inspect the top around the chimney every year.  Probably resilicone it every 3-5 years,
7 years with my boiler..stack comes up from the middle of the boiler..Never had a problem..

Yea most stoves I sell do come out the top...  But for years and years cb used that as a selling point against the competition, and it still lingers today
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »

Yea most stoves I sell do come out the top...  But for years and years cb used that as a selling point against the competition, and it still lingers today
CB has a lot of advertisement power for sure..Heck They are even on the outdoor channel..Theres reasons why your brand you sell and my brand still choose to vent from the top of the boiler itself..One reason I can think of is the creosote reason..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Kubota L3800DT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5