Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: If you could do it all over agian, which boiler would you get?  (Read 15692 times)

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: If you could do it all over agian, which boiler would you get?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »

You may be asking for more if you ever got audited by the IRS and they found you used false documents to get a tax break. Also, check on the thickness of your water jacket. The stove is no stronger than its weakest point. Shaver has been known to use thick metal on its fire box and thin metal on its end caps and water jacket.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:48 AM »

You may be asking for more if you ever got audited by the IRS and they found you used false documents to get a tax break. Also, check on the thickness of your water jacket. The stove is no stronger than its weakest point. Shaver has been known to use thick metal on its fire box and thin metal on its end caps and water jacket.

Ok another hater...LOL !!!   I have the doc. to prove to the Irs if needed.WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IT ?   Shaver had the 4 models tested. They passed. I have already saved 3500 in the first year with this stove. House is warm as the wife wants it, Pool is 85 deg. ,shop is tee shirt warm and never froze all winter . Breaker for hot water heater has been off for one year ,Water heater in shop isn't even wired to the box. Washing cars in the dead of winter with hot water ~sooo cool !  keep on hatin  and I'll keep on savin .   LOL
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 08:41:39 PM »

They didn't pass the EPA test, that is easily proven by looking at the furnaces that passed on the EPA's website. http://www.epa.gov/burnwise/owhhlist.html  Not sure how you can argue against that. The rumor is that Shaver ran their own test and made up the paperwork. I know for a fact there are several State Attorney Generals that are looking into this. I don't have a problem with shaver selling furnaces, they are just one of many inferior companies on the market. The problem that I and many other furnace dealers have are the false and illegal claims that are being made. Not only is it defrauding consumers it is also giving the industry at large a bad name. The quality big furnace manufacturing companies like Central Boiler are not going to quietly stand by and allow shaver to claim to have a furnace that will compete with their furnaces.

Well .When i first heard about the 1500 rebate i called Shaver only to find out that only one stove had been certified. Then i saw on the site that the next size was good. So i called to ask about my model and they told me that they wern't sure as it was very expensive to do . Each model had to be tested seperatly . This is what they told me .Now 4 models have been accepted to qualify for the rebate. I have my paper for taxes and thats all i care about. As far as the big companies go thats for them to fight it out. Shaver has made lots of people happy and I'm one of them . They offer a very good price which is more than most other brands can say.
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

m21221

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 03:12:29 AM »

Looked at Shaver when I started researching stoves.  Called several times could not get in touch with anyone.  Left messages and never received a call back.  Needless to say didn't buy one.  I ended up with a CB 6048 and couldn't be happier.  Label me what you want but I would tell any prospective buyer to stay away from Shaver.
CB 6048

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »

CB are very nice furnaces. Most of the people i come in contact with just cant afford them. I was looking at a Heatmor before i found Shaver and it was going to cost 10,000 just for the furnace. That was for smaller one also.
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »

I have a cb5036 and I like it except its too small,It heats fine but in the coldest time I need to feed woody every 8 hours.Im in Maine and it gets cold here.If I could i would buy the cb6048.An other thing about cb boilers is they are so well built but very simple for the money.I will say this about cb boilers.I have had it 1 year and have not added 1 drop of water.Very well thought out unit imo.

m21221

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28:39 PM »

Bottom line is do your research and buy the best you can afford.  I looked for 6 months and visited several dealers and eventually gained enough knowledge to weed through the BS and figure out what was important and what wasn't.   Simplicity is the key...and 2 years later I've yet to add one drop of water either.
CB 6048

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »

Bottom line is do your research and buy the best you can afford.  I looked for 6 months and visited several dealers and eventually gained enough knowledge to weed through the BS and figure out what was important and what wasn't.   Simplicity is the key...and 2 years later I've yet to add one drop of water either.
What boiler are you running.One more thing about my centrel boiler,I dont seem to have to worry about the ash.I guess the most of it goes up the stack.

dmorris

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »

Probably CB, there is a dealer close!
Roseville , KY
CB 6048
STIHL 031AV

m21221

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 04:02:20 PM »

Cb 6048 but it had nothing to do with the location of the dealer.  Actually there are several Taylor and Hardy dealers closer.  Again, I looked at stoves and researched the internet for months and bought the CB based on that alone.  Price was not a concern based on the life expectancy of the stove I bought.  Yes CB's are more than most but if you spread that cost out over 2 or more decades it's not material (for me a least). 

Ash...if you roll the coals everyday ash will be minimal.  I would estimate after burning 12 cords (1 year) I had about 15 5 gallon buckets full (more or less).

I too would stay away from stainless.

I would not bash anyone's stove... not qualified.  But, my experience with Shaver's customer service made me realize I'd be on my own if I had a problem.

Do your home work.  Be warm.  Say goodbye to the propane guy!
CB 6048

rosewood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »

from all the research ive done over the years ive concluded that all models have their pros and cons, i have a homeade with 1200gals of water storage . im convinced water storage makes it more effiecent then any thing i could buy ,..except a GARN. knowing what i know i would compound all the ideas and things i like from all of the better units and have a local fab shop build it using all the thickest stock i could afford. when i built mine i used 3/4 '' steel firebox in a 3/16'' stainless tank ,still haven't seen companys using too different metals. i do agree that stainless has no business as a firebox, poor expansion and contraction leads to cracks and splits. also when i see guys talk about there stoves they never mension how much insulation it has! that should be the second asked question when buying.

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »

I would get a wood master. Stay away from stainless and whatever you buy DO NOT GET A HEATMASTER. TOTAL JUNK AND A WORTHLESS WARRANTY!! VERY.VERY POOR COMPANY.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 06:17:21 PM »

I would get a wood master. Stay away from stainless and whatever you buy DO NOT GET A HEATMASTER. TOTAL JUNK AND A WORTHLESS WARRANTY!! VERY.VERY POOR COMPANY.

Doesn't woodmaster only have a 10 year warranty?
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 07:01:38 AM »

Wood Masters website says they have a 10 year pro-rated warranty but then it also says they only cover leaks for one year.  Is that correct or am I reading this wrong?  Maybe it means the warranty is only 100% for one year.

"Woodmaster warrants material and labor on any defects in workmanship on the firedrum and water jacket for a period of ten years(pro-rated) from the purchase date to the original owner only.

If there is a leak in your properly delivered and installed WoodMaster furnace in the first year, WoodMaster will replacethe furnace at no cost to the original owner.(Leak in Water Jacket or Fire Box)"
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »

Wood Masters website says they have a 10 year pro-rated warranty but then it also says they only cover leaks for one year.  Is that correct or am I reading this wrong?  Maybe it means the warranty is only 100% for one year.

"Woodmaster warrants material and labor on any defects in workmanship on the firedrum and water jacket for a period of ten years(pro-rated) from the purchase date to the original owner only.

If there is a leak in your properly delivered and installed WoodMaster furnace in the first year, WoodMaster will replacethe furnace at no cost to the original owner.(Leak in Water Jacket or Fire Box)"

I just know that they dont have much of a warranty..   kind of ironic the guy who complained about the warranty for heatmaster wants a stove with one of the worst warranties in the industry.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 [2] 3