Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: The new E classic 2300  (Read 5938 times)

new guy

• View Profile
The new E classic 2300
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:50:41 AM »

Hello all,  First time user here on this great site.  Does anybody know  of anybody who is burning the E Classic.  I was going to buy a 6048 but I might change my mind.  Any and all input welcome. Thanks, New Guy.

charlie

• View Profile
Re: The new E classic 2300
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:02:37 AM »

New guy, Go on Hearth.com. Someone on that site has one up and running. Just enter the stove name in the search. It's on the Boiler Room site . Good Luck-Charlie. :)
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

Husky455

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:52:04 AM »

Hello.  I have nothing against Central Boilers.  I think they are a goos stove.  The only pro0blem I have with the new E classic is the small wood that they want you to use.  Still, no big deal if that is what you want.   I thought I would tell you that Crown Royal Stoves has just introduced their new EPA approved stove that meets all the 2010 EPA regs.  It will take a bigger log load and a longer burn time.  Just saw it myself last weekend at a show.  Wish I didn't already own a boiler because I would havce bought this one for sure.   Here's a link if your interested and good luck with what ever stove you decide to get.  Hope this helps.   http://www.northlanddistrib.com/

murph

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »

I burn an E-classic 2300 and would definitely recommend it. I've been using it for a few weks now and my neighbor asked just recently if its running yet. This was my whole reason for purchasing an EPA rated unit, my neighbor only lives a few hundred feet away and can't tell that its running. Also, after a few weeks of running, no ash to remove yet. Everything has been burning to powder. As far as log sizes, I've been putting logs up to 12" diameter and almost 30" long in it. To be honest, anything much bigger than that and its pretty hard to pick up and through it in. So in closing if your worried about becoming a nuisance to your neighbors I think a wood gassification unit is the way to go.

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 03:22:31 PM »

I have a 5648 Classic Dual Fuel and wish Central Boiler would come out a conversion to the new E-series.  Maybe in the near future they can figure out a way to add the additional chamber you need for gasification.
Pomeroy, Ohio

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »

Murph,
 I couldn't agree more. Own a woodmaster for seven years now, but a gassifiaction stove will be my next stove. Less wood and more BTU's extracted. Who cares about big wood, when you get more from less. Most people burn half the amount they use to going to a gassification boiler. Especially if you have water storage which I already have.Plus you have to burn properly seasoned wood which REALLY lets you see the difference in heat output if you have never burned good dried wood before. Good luck and enjoy your new Gassifier....Charlie :thumbup:
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

John D

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

The new crown royal 5000 EPA is nice,but it only heats a 2000 sq ft home,and takes a 27" log 13" diamter door. My house is 2 family,3500 sq ft,3 zones with 8 ppl using hot water,that wouldnt cut it  for me.