Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Have a gasifier? Share your story.  (Read 15820 times)

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Re: Have a gasifier? Share your story.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »

Well I tore into it today to figure it out. It appears that the output side bearing is gone. I removed the four bolts that hold the fan bracket to the back of the inspection panel and removed the fan. The blades were a little bit caked up with fly ash but nothing bad or unexpected. I was able to rock the fan blade from side to side. It wasn't excessive enough for the fan blade to come in contact with the metal bracket housing that is attached the the motor but it was very noticeable. So I removed the fan blade and the housing so that I could get down to just the motor itself. I went back outside to the furnace, plugged it in and through the bypass lever. The fan spun up and sounds like it is full of marbles. The noise doesn't change very much with the angle of the motor, horizontal or vertical, but goes away when it is almost wound all the way down when unplugged. The side to side movement of the shaft is less noticable when the fan blade isnt attached to show the side to side play that you get. I would say that fan motor is in need of replacement. Next question, I know electronics have a one year warranty on them, does that mean the new fan will have another 1 year warranty on it or is it from the purchase date of the stove? I am skeptical about the quality of the bearings Fasco is using.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

Thats a good question, I would think it would be one year from purchase date so this one is a freebee but I would doubt that if it goes again then the next one would need to be paid for and then it would again have the one year warranty. would you like for me to send one out to you in the morning or will you be in the area soon to pick it up?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2015, 06:27:44 PM »

If you could send it my way that would be awesome! I just did a search for the motor and I believe this is it  http://www.amazon.com/Fasco-D219-3-3-Inch-Enclosed-Reversible/dp/B007VJRP4M/ref=cm_rdp_product_img/178-0428588-2267333

Interesting enough a review says that he had to replace one on his G200 and that this one doesn't have any holes in it possibly allowing some ash in causing failure. That motor certainly doesn't appear to have any openings but I also don't think that much if any ash gets anywhere near the motor.

As far as these silly warranties go I never understand this non sense about having a failure of a product within the warranty period, having the product replaced because of failure of the product but not receiving the 'warranty' for the replacement product. What sense does that make??

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 02:40:44 AM »

I don't understand it myself either but I know thats the way it is with circs and blower motors that I have replaced in the past, it's the motor manufacturers warranty.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2016, 05:45:12 AM »

Honda racer. Thanks for that link.😀😀 Looks exactly like mine. But it says ball bearing. 👍👍👍👍Mine is a bronzed bushing. I think I will buy it and I will never have another problem.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]