Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking for new owf  (Read 6839 times)

duke

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for new owf
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »

If my stove actually burns TWICE as much as a gasser, i got to get one!  I'm sure it burns more, but i was just saying that from other post ive read on here that most say they have to keep tubes clean and also have to worry about how seasoned there wood is, but like i said just something i read on this site.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

badger1234

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »

Still looking for the right boiler now back looking at classic style burners empyer and central lot of diff in price what to do

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »

Still looking for the right boiler now back looking at classic style burners empyer and central lot of diff in price what to do
Well if you live in a epa phase 2 state..You have to buy a gasser/ epa approved boiler
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

jbc

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:46 AM »

There is NO WAY in this world I will/would think about spending 14K for a installed wood stove--NO WAY--period! For 14K I can pay the gas company for MANY years while sitting in my easy chair pushing the remote buttons......

I just completed my install of a Ridgewood wood stove, I have less then 5,500 installed for a unit which heats 2 homes and a pole barn--not a 14K unit for the heating of one home +/-.

http://www.ridgewoodstove.com/ridgewoodsept.htm

I also decided against the gasser avenue, everyone I talked to that HAS one hates the 2-3 week cleaning episode to keep the unit operating proper---both of the actual units I seen did not impress me at all!...When talking to a gasser unit individual who moved from a conventional OWB, the actual wood useage on the same house was only about 2 face cord a year difference---and @ $50+/- a cord for the wood makes for a $100 year difference, the additional money for the gasser up front PLUS the cleaning regiment simply does not justify the purchase of a gasser if you are not required by law in your area.

When I did my searching for a conventional OWB, the pricing for a unit was all over the map. The one I ended up with was not only one of the least expensive units I found, but it had and addressed the items in a wood stove that I thought where critical. Plus the owner sells the premium Z-Pex underground piping at cost which is a big benifit.

http://www.z-supply.com/index.php/prices
The price the OWB supplier charged was 50%+/- less then the retail price of the underground piping!!! And when you look at your whole package, the UGP is a significant $$$ of your package.

The way I looked at it, SO WHAT if my conventional stove uses 2+/- face cords of wood more then a gasser per year, but you will not see me when it's O degree's outside burning down my stove to clean it so it operates proper---Plus the extra 5K I saved will look a lot better in my bank account then someone elses.

If you live in Wisconsin, the above Ridgewood stoves are made on the west side of Michigan--a simple low cost trip over on the boat to Michigan, picking one of these stoves up and returning home would be pretty reasonable---Even if you choose for someone else to install it, the low cost of the stove makes the WHOLE package reasonable unlike the 14K estimate.

JBC

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:53:40 AM by jbc »

badger1234

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »

I live in wisconsin so no restrictions here on stoves any info on what anyone paid for a empyer 450?

jbc

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 06:52:32 AM »

Here are some of the others I looked at...nice units but I made my choice because of the way it was made.

http://www.burnritestoves.com/models.php

http://timberwolffurnace.com/models_and_prices.html

I have found a number of OWB manufactures in my area, and as can be reasoned---many of the more popular OWB manufactures MUST spend major dollars to promote/advertise there OWB's---and it can only be reasoned that these major costs will be added to the cost of your new stove if you choose a major player in the OWB market....Simply a cost I am not interesting in paying--

I made my decission by the way the stove is made--quality of manufacturing--and the quality of parts/steel used in manufacturing. There are some junk stoves out there--and others are pretty nice as in the unit I found which fit my bill to spend money on.

Good luck on your choice, but I can not recommend enough that you look at the way the stove is MADE and NOT the brand name!...And the money spent on your purchase makes reasonable sense--and stay away from the 12-14K installed salesmen/middlemen out there----you will find a significant amount of OWB stoves made without the major $$$ spent on advertising sell direct from the manufacture and do not use dealer networks for a reason----A REASONABLE reason it's called the "Yee-old mighty dollar!!!"

Spend the time here on this forum and others--educate yourself and avoid middleman salesmen.

JBC

rick w

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: portage&main
  • OWF Model: portage&main ml 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »

talk to dave jacoby in trego wisconsin at strawbalefarms.com #1-715-214-6683 i bought an ml36 boiler from him it not a boiler its a wood burning machine iam burning so much less wood with so little maintance its just a great unit. i heat a 28x40 polebarn and a house about the same size on about 5 to 7 cords a year
Pages: 1 [2]