Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thermostat  (Read 2613 times)

Jack72

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
Thermostat
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:54 AM »

Hello everyone

Low voltage is not my strong subject                   I want to add some pex under  the floor    I originally ordered a pump when I bought my owb it's a taco 007-ZF5-9. The other day I bought from menards on sale a thermostat TH 114-AF-024T. Aube brand  it says its 24 V -0.5A.  For electric or hydronic heating

I bought it because it was on sale and had a floor sensor included.      My question is am I headed in the right direction with what I bought so far        Do I need anything else as far as relay or transformer for low voltage.      Thanks for everybody's help.        Jack
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:45:35 PM by Jack72 »
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
Re: Thermostat
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »

Hi Jack,

I think you are on the right track.   I have 5 of those pumps, only 1 of them currently set up as a "priority" pump.  That pump has a built-in relay for direct connection to the thermostat.  However, to prevent "ghost flow" of water when heat is not called for, you would need to install a zone valve which would require a separate 24v transformer.  I think you would be looking at roughly an additional $100 for those two items depending on what deals you may find. 

In this picture, the wire coming up from the bottom is the thermostat wire, the wire going up to the left is to the pump as you can see, and the wire going up the right and behind the pump is to the transformer.  A pretty easy hookup.  I just put a plug end on the 120v side of the transformer to plug into a recepticle when needed and unplug it when I shut the system down for the season.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor

Jack72

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
Re: Thermostat
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 10:09:25 PM »

Hi Jack,

I think you are on the right track.   I have 5 of those pumps, only 1 of them currently set up as a "priority" pump.  That pump has a built-in relay for direct connection to the thermostat.  However, to prevent "ghost flow" of water when heat is not called for, you would need to install a zone valve which would require a separate 24v transformer.  I think you would be looking at roughly an additional $100 for those two items depending on what deals you may find. 

In this picture, the wire coming up from the bottom is the thermostat wire, the wire going up to the left is to the pump as you can see, and the wire going up the right and behind the pump is to the transformer.  A pretty easy hookup.  I just put a plug end on the 120v side of the transformer to plug into a recepticle when needed and unplug it when I shut the system down for the season.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Okay thank you for your help
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter