Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fuel costs  (Read 3098 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Fuel costs
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:41:38 AM »

You know, it appears that everytime I turn on the TV the price of home heating oil is going up and up and up...with no relief in site.  I am so thankful that I purchased the CB E-classic 1400.  My oil bill would have been over $5,000.00 again this year.  I find it sickening when it would have cost me more to heat my home than it does for property taxes and NH has one of the highest property taxes in the nation.  Last heating season I was able to heat 3000sqft of living space and DHW using 6 cord of wood.  I have to purchase my wood, but I have it delivered log length at $100.00/cord.  I buck it up, split it and stack it.  A little sweat equity goes a long way.  I'm about 2 years ahead of myself so my firewood is nice and dry this year.   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

kj5036

• OWF Model: CL 5036
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel costs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:16:17 AM »

Sounds good man. I was talkin with a friend about how I wont need anymore propane for this year and he mentioned the company might charge me a tank fee(i dont own my tank) if I dont buy so many gallons a year. I never thought about that. Im gonna check with them and see. He said he thought it was pretty expensive too. Talk about them stickin it to ya!

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »

You know, it appears that everytime I turn on the TV the price of home heating oil is going up and up and up...with no relief in site.  I am so thankful that I purchased the CB E-classic 1400.  My oil bill would have been over $5,000.00 again this year.  I find it sickening when it would have cost me more to heat my home than it does for property taxes and NH has one of the highest property taxes in the nation.  Last heating season I was able to heat 3000sqft of living space and DHW using 6 cord of wood.  I have to purchase my wood, but I have it delivered log length at $100.00/cord.  I buck it up, split it and stack it.  A little sweat equity goes a long way.  I'm about 2 years ahead of myself so my firewood is nice and dry this year.
Well thats the price you pay with no sales tax or income tax...Myself I rather pay a higher property tax than being tax every day..My property tax isnt bad at all...$13.07 a thousand currently..Thanks to the rich on Lake Winnipesaukee!!!
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09:32 AM »

Well thats the price you pay with no sales tax or income tax...Myself I rather pay a higher property tax than being tax every day..My property tax isnt bad at all...$13.07 a thousand currently..Thanks to the rich on Lake Winnipesaukee!!!

Oh believe me, no way am I in favor of an income tax.  I don't want my government taking my hard earned money from me without a way of fighting back.  I've had this discussion with the liberals where I work.  If I had a choice and the only 2 choices were an income or sales tax, I'd settle for the sales tax.  That way I control how much of my money the state receives from me, not the other way around.  But, knowing that we are not being put in that position, I can say I'm happy with the current set up.  Heck, If I wanted lower property taxes all I'd have to do is move to a town 2 towns to the west of of me where their tax rate is a third of mine.  However, the point of the original post is, my tax bill is less than the home heating oil bill would have been if I didn't invest a little capital into the OWB.  I would have been forced to sell the house where I grew up. 

On a side note - make sure your OWB is running good tonight.  The temps are supposed to be in the lower 20's in my area, teens up north.  Me thinks fall is here to stay.         
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »

Oh believe me, no way am I in favor of an income tax.  I don't want my government taking my hard earned money from me without a way of fighting back.  I've had this discussion with the liberals where I work.  If I had a choice and the only 2 choices were an income or sales tax, I'd settle for the sales tax.  That way I control how much of my money the state receives from me, not the other way around.  But, knowing that we are not being put in that position, I can say I'm happy with the current set up.  Heck, If I wanted lower property taxes all I'd have to do is move to a town 2 towns to the west of of me where their tax rate is a third of mine.  However, the point of the original post is, my tax bill is less than the home heating oil bill would have been if I didn't invest a little capital into the OWB.  I would have been forced to sell the house where I grew up. 

On a side note - make sure your OWB is running good tonight.  The temps are supposed to be in the lower 20's in my area, teens up north.  Me thinks fall is here to stay.       
What NH needs to do is legalize gambling... Missing out on big bucks...MA did it...Maine has it.. Im neither for a sales or income tax..It is pretty sad that the tax bill is way lower than the oil bill.. But nothing is done with the price of crude.. Yup Fall is def here to stay..Love this season
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire