Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Boiler Virgin  (Read 2951 times)

jared

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Boiler Virgin
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »

If that didn't get your attention  :D

I am totally new to all of this outdoor wood boiler, so with that here is what I need help with:

I am building a new home in spring in Wisconsin (Jefferson), The house will be a 2 story 2000sq ft home with an open floor plan and extra wide stairs from basement, the garage will be approx 1000sq ft. my plan was to run pex tubing  in the basement and garage floor I was also to run a line through the hot water heater. We are planning on having oil for heat source (Don't ask I married into a family bussiness).

1 do you think that would be enough to heat a good portion of the house w/ min use of the furnace or should I just hook the furnace up too?
2 a guy on a budget what would be my best option on outdoor wood burners, was looking at the American Royall models(7300B)
3 I do not have the best access to "Free" fire wood, how much do you roughly think ill go through mixed wood.

I have a ton of other questons but well start with this. Thanks for any info anyone has Jared

Bondo

• OWF Brand: Home built
  • OWF Model: Bondo-built, Model #1
  • Master General Re-Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Boiler Virgin
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:17:28 AM »

If that didn't get your attention  :D

I am totally new to all of this outdoor wood boiler, so with that here is what I need help with:

I am building a new home in spring in Wisconsin (Jefferson), The house will be a 2 story 2000sq ft home with an open floor plan and extra wide stairs from basement, the garage will be approx 1000sq ft. my plan was to run pex tubing  in the basement and garage floor I was also to run a line through the hot water heater. We are planning on having oil for heat source (Don't ask I married into a family bussiness).

1 do you think that would be enough to heat a good portion of the house w/ min use of the furnace or should I just hook the furnace up too?
2 a guy on a budget what would be my best option on outdoor wood burners, was looking at the American Royall models(7300B)
3 I do not have the best access to "Free" fire wood, how much do you roughly think ill go through mixed wood.

I have a ton of other questons but well start with this. Thanks for any info anyone has Jared

Ayuh,....   Instead of a hot Air furnace, go with a hot Water Boiler, 'n full hydronic heatin'....

Regardless which OWBoiler ya go with, the marriage will be easier...

My OWBoiler is a pressure boiler, 'n ties directly into the house hydronics...
Any Grease is Better than No grease at All

Watertown, 'n Chaumont Bay, Ny.

franky1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »

Hi Jared

Since You are in Wisconsin,,building,,you might want to look at a website
www.strawbalefarms.com
nice guy
look him up
he made a house out of straw!!!!!!

Trint

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ml 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »

Is that oil heat going to be air or hydranic?  Might want to consider putting pex in all floors and if its hydranic.  If your putting in the oil as forced air for ac and such might consider putting a heat exchanger in it to get more even heat, but heat will rise so a hot concrete slab will do a lot of heating too, just have no idea how much.
North Central Ohio

jared

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »

Thanks Franky1, very intresting!!!,

I am learing a little everytime I log on the computer. I found a dealer just north of me with American Royal he basically told me the model 7300B I could get for 4k, Looking around at the Central boilers (whitch I was planning on going with till I got quotes) I ilke the price but a bit afraid of the quality=price. Any suggestions?

franky1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »

Remember,,
You get what you pay for.
Dont expect to get sumthing good,for the a low price nowadays!!
hope the best for you

jared

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »

way to burst my "great deal" bubble  :o