Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Need some help New used install......  (Read 2306 times)

Kursch

• View Profile
Need some help New used install......
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:41:03 PM »

So I bought a used unit.  It is a 600 or 800 gallon unit that I plan to heat my house for now and my shop and kennel with in the future. 

I bought two rolls of 150 ft of pex plan to burry it 4 ft. and have a local spray foam company that is going to put 3-4 inches of foam on it for me.  So I need to know what size pump and or brand to go with I need to buy and am wondering if my Lux Smart temp thermostat model TX9000TS is going to work to automatically control my fan or how that all works.  Also where in my forced air system do I put the heat exchanger?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Need some help New used install......
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:34:09 AM »

Lets start with the pipe, LOOK AT THE POSTS ON HERE FROM THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED TO BUILD THEIR OWN PIPE. This is not the place to cheap out.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:47:41 AM »

Mr. Kursch, may I make a recommendation?  Read read read read!  Start pouring all over these posts on this site, especially in the general discussion room.  The thermostat is the LAST piece of the puzzle.  Mr. Slimjim is right on the outside lines.  Save your 300' of pex for in the house and get a REAL underground pex product that you will learn about when you read read read through this site! 

There are lots of posts on how to size your pump and where to place your exchanger already on this site.  I'm not saying that guys won't help you out in this feed, but you still have a lot to learn before you start installation.  Read through the posts, start designing your system, and when you get stuck on something, post the question and guys will jump in.  Lots of good advice is available from these guys.  But, do yourself a favor, and learn from the previous posts on this site.  Good luck!! 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »

No way is that a good idea in regards to your insulated pex..   For example, logstor foam filled pipe added a membrane layer inside the pipe, the reason why was to keep the gases that form the bubbles in the foam from escaping over time, because they do. 

You'll also have folks tell you that this foam won't absorb water, it will, as the gases escape it it can take on water.  It can get so heavy you have to use equipment to get it out of the ground.

A quality 3-5 wrap product would be far superior to what your doing there....
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697