Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Water temperature  (Read 2486 times)

concordprof

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 4030
    • View Profile
Water temperature
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:27:24 PM »

I accidentally left the door to my burner open earlier today and some water boiled out. Now the the thermostat on the burner is only reading between 144-155. However, the temp in my home is 72 so I know the water is hotter than what it is reading. The problem is the damper has remained open causing me to burn more wood. Could the issue be that the water level is too low?

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: Water temperature
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:51:45 AM »

Hi Concordprof.  Welcome to the forum.  This site is great.  You'll find tons of useful information in here.   Have you checked with your Central Boiler dealer for assistance?  Also, you should have a water level tube on your outdoor wood boiler (OWB).  I have the E-Classic 1400 and in the rear about eye level there is a plastic tube with a small on/off valve attached to it.  If you have one, open that valve and see where the water level ends.  It should come to the full mark.  If not, you may have to add some.  As soon as you're done checking the water level be sure you turn off the valve to let the water that collected in the plastic tube drain out.  If you don't it'll freeze it the tube and you won't be able to check it again until it thaws.  Post back with your results.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

concordprof

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: 4030
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:01:27 AM »

I haven't contacted the dealer yet.  They do not open until around 10:00.  The water level was low, so I filled it up last night at midnight.  My question is this: If the water level is too low in the tank, would that affect the therostat reading?

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »

Not 100 percent sure since i have a different brand but if water is low in mine the aquastat bulb is mounted high in the tank and definetly affects the reading.