Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Central Boiler Maxim m250 smoke and smell question  (Read 2423 times)

Roveer

• View Profile
Central Boiler Maxim m250 smoke and smell question
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:12:46 PM »

So I visited a central boiler dealer in NJ while doing research for a client who's considering one of their wood burning models.  I got to talking to the shop owner about the Maxim m250 pellet burning boiler.  This would be a better option for my home as there is no way I could deal with the wood aspect.  Between the 600 lb hopper and the 48 bushes optional option that would really solve a lot of problems.

I build homes for a living so I fully understand how this boiler would integrate into an existing heating system so there's no problem here.

Here is the real question.   How much smoke/smell does this boiler create?  After all of my research I came to the conclusion that my yard (3 acres) and my neighbors yards would all smell like thanksgiving afternoon when everyone is burning their fireplaces.  When I posed this question to the central boiler dealer he told me that there was no smell and that they install these boilers in neighborhoods where the houses are practically on top of each other.  I'm not believing this so I've come hear to get the input of folks who use these things and will tell it like it is.

Fire away.  I really want to hear the whole story.  On paper and pictures it looks awfully nice but I don't want to find out 10k in that it stinks too badly to actually use it.

Many thanks,

Roveer

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
Re: Central Boiler Maxim m250 smoke and smell question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »

My sister has the maxim m250..It burns very clean..Smoke is nothing like a wood boiler..Last yr they ran there maxim all yr long..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:41:57 AM »

My CB dealer has one that he uses to heat his dealership and there is absolutely no smoke or smell from it.  His about a foot from the building.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Roveer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »

I'm amazed at these reports of very little to no smell/smoke.  I'm going to see if I can find an installed unit someplace so I can see for myself.  This was the one major thing that was holding me back from getting a pellet boiler.  It almost sounds too good to be true.  Hopefully it turns out to be true and I can move forward know that I won't be disappointed.  Thanks for the replies.

Roveer

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:55:04 AM »

When you think about it, a pellet boiler would be very clean as it's always dealing with a fuel that is consistent in size and moisture content.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana