Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Poll

What are your thoughts about my monthly reports?

Great resource! Keep them coming!
- 5 (41.7%)
Enjoy reviewing them!
- 5 (41.7%)
Somewhat informative!
- 0 (0%)
Don't Care!
- 1 (8.3%)
Your wastin your time!
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 07, 2011, 05:32:02 PM

Author Topic: Monthly reports  (Read 2560 times)

Ridgekid

Monthly reports
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »

Well, it's the last day of November and I'll be updating my charts in the Gallery after mid-night.

Updating the Average daytime temps vs wood usage. I have decided to use 180 pieces as a standard for 1/2 cord. This maybe high, but I haven't even used a cord yet and thought it would be a good number to use. You'll see it on the chart.

I'm also adding a new one= Average Daytime temps vs # of burns. This one will only have 9 days on it as it's directly related to the new temp monitor I installed. (email pushes).

The electric use chart will come out on Dec 3rd when I get my bill. Looks like I went over my estimate of 900 kwH for the month, but it's still going to be a new low record for me since moving into our house in 1992.

OK- The polls are open!

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly reports
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »

Where do I view all that information at? Ya' gotta' know I'm gonna' like it, so I'm giving a thumbs up vote.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Ridgekid

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »

martyinmi

• OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »

You'll have to forgive me for not knowing anything about computers. I know a bit about what the ballistic coefficients of of most of my rifles are. I understand what volumetric efficiency is. I can overhaul an 8.3 l Cummins or 8.1 Deere engine almost in my sleep. Those are all things I've studied and am interested in. But....computers just don't enthuse me. I will learn how to post pictures soon. My younger brother and I were talking today and he laughed at me(again!)about my computer navigation skills(or lack there of) and he said he would be happy to take 3 minutes out of his day to show me how to do the picture thing. Next week, Ridge! 
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Ridgekid

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »

Marty-
Sounds like a plan. If that doesn't work out I'll make arrangements with you to get your photo album setup.

Bill G

• OWF Model: Opt. 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »

Ridge,

Keep up the good work, we're interested in how your system is performing. 

Marty,

Technically challenged, we are not!  Youth may have us in the computer age, but in know how to get a job done, youth can't hold a candle to us.  I see it day in and day out with my son and his friends.  15-16 yr age group.  Young yes, but they still have problems in bicycle repair!  To think they'll have drivers license pretty soon, well, a flat tire would keep most of 'em on the side of the road for a week!
PS. I try daily to instill a bit of DIY, but tough to hold thier interest.  They'll find out soon enough what the going rate is for a plumber, electrician and auto mech.

Me, well it's deer season and the wife got nice 6 pt today!  So, we'll have a few good meals in a nice warm house this winter.  life ain't bad...

Bill
Bill
Stihl saws
Homegrown splitter
'10 3500 Dodge Cummins
(Beagles and snowshoe hares!!)
NE PA

Ridgekid

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »

Thanks Bill. And congrats to the wife on the buck. All I saw was doe all day Monday. They came by so often I shot them all, with my Iphone. ( I don't hunt doe)

Others-
71 views to this post and three votes? Come on!! Would it help if I told you I don't have access to see which way members vote? I want your honest opinions.

It doesn't mean I'll stop posting my charts. I'll just do it silently.  >:D

We started this season with promises to keep track of our wood usage. So I take it to a little extreme.   :bag:

This is my first winter with a OWB. And as Bill stated, I'm learning how my system is performing. So far no complaints!   :thumbup:

My wood usage chart for Nov has been posted and the new chart which recorded number of burns/day. (both found in Gallery)

Ridgekid

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »

(silent update-shhhh)

Electric bill is in. 50 kWh less than Oct, but not as low as I was hoping. Good new? It's my new record low!!

It's in the gallery.