Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stacked plate HX sizing help needed  (Read 4218 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Stacked plate HX sizing help needed
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 10:23:47 AM »

Grateful guy your underground line shouldn't melt snow I don't care if it's laying on top of the ground..  I've installed in snow and let it lay all winter and not melt the snow using triple wrap. 

One of the biggest mistakes people assume is deeper means better Insulated....  Wrong.        When your heat escapes your insulation, it's gone, it doesn't matter if you lose it to the ground, the air, groundwater. Whatever, once it's gone it's gone. 

I have even seen people bury line 5-6ftdeep and brag it's not mounting snow now, little do they know there just heating more dirt .

If there is no ground water down the 5-6 feet there will be a little less heat loss there. Heat loss happens from temperature difference. The higher the temperature difference the higher the heat loss. If it is 50 degrees down 5' and 0 degrees at 12" you will definitely get less heat loss at 5'. If you have ground water at 5' you will lose more heat then even if it is warmer because the water will conduct heat away.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »

Yea that's true rsi, I've just never seen anywhere in my area where the water table doesn't rise up to within at least 3 feet at times.  I'm sure other areas are different.

In my back yard on the edge of the creek the soil is about 2 feet deep before solid rock, 80 feet back to my house it's 4 foot down to rock.  Water doesn't have anywhere to go lol
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 10:40:18 AM »

yeah, if you have a high water table you want to keep above it.

Around here you could go down 30' and not get anywhere near the water table in a lot of places

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »

a 40 plate ex cost me like 600 i think 2yrs ago, dont think i need it but its  there so iam leaving it for now!again knowing what i know now i would not have put it in
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl
Pages: 1 [2]