Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 6018 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »

Used boilers in general are risky, a used boiler that I've never heard of, down right scary lol  :D
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

jbc

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »

But also down right reasonable...

Most all of the OWB out there are IMO way to expensive for the return in $$$.

Simply do the math with your current situation--

Most stoves no matter who the manufacture is have some kind of generic parts hung off of them, so finding parts may be a challenge, but you can find something that will work most of the time--even if it does need something in it's current state...Granger can be your friend to find the parts or part number then use the internet to find where Granger obtained them from and save yourself big $$$'s.

For the price, well it's a gamble, but if you put the odd's in your favor by researching it like you are doing--I think for the investment dollar you should do ok.

JBC

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 04:59:51 AM »

Keep in mind that any time you place a heat exchanger in an uninsulated space you have to keep hot water running through it when its below freezing even if you are not planning on heating the building. Don't be like one customer I had where I installed a radiator system in his small shop to take the chill off a bit. A couple of days later he turns the system off one night and busts everything wide open. He still refuses to pay me for the shop. It cured me from trying to heat uninsulated spaces.

Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »

Yoder why hadn't you got paid when you left the job?  I would go back to his place and remove so many dollars worth of parts or pick his stove off the pad lol
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »

I was paid for the furnace and the house hook up. Went back later and installed the shop. I think he was gone when I did that, can't remember exactly. If I went back and started taking things I could be arrested for trespassing and theft. Once its hooked up you have to go to court and I didn't want to waste my time trying to prove I didn't do something wrong. Chances are the judge isn't going to understand and would question why the system only lasted a couple days. Now if I go into a uninsulated shop or attic it has to be on a separate pressurized system with glycol.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »

It's still ridiculous he don't see that as his fault...

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 [2]