Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cb 1400  (Read 3419 times)

Ohiowood

• OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: E-classic1400
    • View Profile
Cb 1400
« on: October 15, 2012, 07:38:26 AM »

Is this enough installation ?

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
Re: Cb 1400
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »

No fair you got more then me
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Ohiowood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »

So I guess that's enough :)
Do you like you 1400?
Any issues so far?

I put a new door seal on just because they had a new one through my dealer, and it was only 20 bucks. Little diff then the other one.

johnybcold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 04:57:57 PM »

I got it last year, so far so good
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »

Ohiowood, this is my second season with the CB E classic 1400.  Not only is it keeping my home at 70 degrees, it provides me with domestic hot water.  I heat nearly 3000sqft and DHW and I only burned 6 cord of wood last season. Granted, the winter was very mild but still I was very impressed with it.  It is joy to have a warm house and endless hot water and not hear the oil furnace turn on. 

How long have you had yours?  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Ohiowood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »

2nd season Roger,  1st year I was not prepared with my wood cutting all winter ;D
I have 7 cords stacked and ready to go. Even know I did not have the best wood still had the warmest winter. I did have some creosote build up in the solenoids I scraped out ever month.

How about you?       

johnybcold

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »

I fired mine up a few weeks ago, I am burning pine
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 04:08:52 AM »

2nd season Roger,  1st year I was not prepared with my wood cutting all winter ;D
I have 7 cords stacked and ready to go. Even know I did not have the best wood still had the warmest winter. I did have some creosote build up in the solenoids I scraped out ever month.

How about you?       

I have 10 cord stacked in the barn ready for the season.  Last season I used 6 cord to heat 3000sqft and domestic hot water.  If our winter is anything like last year, I'm all set with me wood supply to get me into heating season 2014/2015. 

Every 3 to 4 weeks, depending on weather conditions, I give mine a good cleaning.  Remove any unburned fire wood, remove all coals that are still hot into a fire proof container(Use it to relight the OWB after cleaning) clear all air holes of creosote (the warmer it is, the more creosote build I've seen in them), remove the solenoids in rear and clean them of creosote too, clear the reaction chamber of ashes, scrape heat exchanger of dust and particle buildup.  Re-assemble everything, put hot coals back in, add a healthy stack of dry, medium sized pieces of wood, close her up and watch water and reaction chamber temps rise.  Once I'm satisfied that it's heating properly - well - off to do other chores.  All this takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes, usually at 5:00am Saturday morning.   

It's funny, my neighbor thinks I'm crazy to be doing all this "hard" work when it was hot and humid outside. I think he's intimidated by me due to me being more than twice his age (I'm 51, he's 24) But, he'll think nothing of playing a game a soccer with his buddies in the same hot, humid weather.  Me thinks someone (not me) has their priorities screwed up.  I'll pay $100.00/cord for log length fire wood, buck it up, split and stack it, even in that hot humid weather.  He's been complaining about his heating bill.  He heats with oil.  A little effort and a bit of sweat equity goes a long way.  Maybe someday he'll wake up to reality that fuel costs are going up and up and up...   Out of curiosity I call my former fuel oil company to inquire on cost if I was to heat with oil again.  I use to use over 1300 gallons of heating oil.  It would have cost well over $5,000.00 this year to heat with oil.  That's more than my property taxes!  I'll stick with wood. 

Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire