Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Need help to remember how to add water to the heatmor  (Read 4435 times)

vforba

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
    • View Profile
Need help to remember how to add water to the heatmor
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:00:10 AM »

Ok, I know this may seem strange that I'm asking this question, but let me describe my predicament.
This is my father's outdoor furnace and I have been taking care of it for him while he is away with family in China while my
brother and his wife go to pick up their newly adopted baby girl. I am telling you this so you can stop wondering why I don't know
how to use my own furnace. It's not mine we are just taking care of things.
My father did show me what to do, but I'm not sure I can remember all the steps to add water. I know that there are certain pipes
that need to be shut off and the water then needs to be turned on in the house and then there is a pipe that needs to be opened back up on the furnace.
They won't be home for several more days and I need to do this now rather than in a week from now.
Any guidance would be great. If you can let me know what info you need if there are any online instructions that would be awesome.
thanks!
vicky

skorpyd

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Code name "Woody"
    • View Profile
Re: Need help to remember how to add water to the heatmor
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:46:45 AM »

It sounds like he has some sort of way to feed from the potable water supply into the boiler lines.   Without being able to see it, it will be hard to tell how this one is plumbed and therefore tell you how to do it.

Worst case, you can run a hose to the vent in the top maybe.

tbone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »

First I would make sure you need to add water.  In the front of the stove, near the blower switch, give the bladder a squeeze and see how much water is in it...I very rarely add water to mine.
Stihl 460
Stihl pro 360
Honda 27 ton splitter
Ford 350 with hoist

tbone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »

If you do need to add water....check the pex connections on the back of the stove..and look for a closed valve on the dhw line.  If this is how the stove is set up...open this valve until you see water come out the top of the stove....then shut the valve.  That is if this is how the stove is set up.  If you can't figure it out...post a pic of the plumbing in the back of the stove and we will try to help.

Stihl 460
Stihl pro 360
Honda 27 ton splitter
Ford 350 with hoist