Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pex leak  (Read 6745 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Pex leak
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »

I have a kobalt but I use the stainless rings, simpler and better I think

1" rings I got were 17 cents each, hope I find that deal again lol
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »

What brand were the 17 cent rings? I bought some off ebay once and they were chinese garbage so I sent them back. I use sharkbite brand clamps now.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »

Found em on eBay, bought several thousand... 

I'm not sure of the brand but they are not cheap made and I've only had one to break and that was last week.... 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

DaveWertz

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

I found the stainless rings 25pc at Lowes for $7-$12 depending on size. And the multi crimp tool for $89.
If they are stainless clamps you need a tool like this http://www.lowes.com/pd_153553-61002-69PTKG1096_0__?productId=3572372&Ntt=pex+cinch&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpex%2Bcinch&facetInfo=
Your pex is probably 1". Measure the outside diameter to make sure. It will always match copper outside diameter so if you have 1" it will measure 1-1/8" outside.
I have 3/4" pex. I would like to get 10 of them. How much for 10 shipped to 17752?
The 1" clamps are $5.86 for 5 clamps on the lowes site. That is pretty high. If you need any, I can get you a much better deal on them.

The other option is to use the copper crimp rings. They use a different tool but the same barb fittings.
2001 F150 7700 series
06 Honda Rincon 680. Lifted and made for MUD
09 Harley Superglide custom
Stihl Farmboss 290

Pit Crew

• OWF Brand: Centeral Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 01:35:19 AM »

Sorry, dont mean to change the subject. Dwneast said his nearest Lowe`s is a two hour drive. I probably have a 5 or 6 Lowes and Home depots with in a two hour drive. The things we take for granted.  The closest one`s are on same street about 1/4 mile apart, if that.
North east Ohio
Since 1960

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 07:11:56 AM »

We are talking about 2 different styles of clamps I think.  To simplify for myself and maybe some others the two styles are crimp or cinch.  The crimp tool that I got from Lowes uses the copper crimp ring.  The stainless rings mentioned are a cinch ring which uses a different tool.  I opted for the crimp style because that's what I had borrowed and I had heard that the cinch style may not hold up in situations where there may be excessive pipe movement such as under my greenhouse benches.  That being said, I have no comparison of my own, but I couldn't be happier with the tool I got.  Only drawback is getting into tight spaces.  You have to plan ahead for that if you can.  I don't know how that works with the cinch type.  Looks like it might be better for that.  At $40 it might be worth making the extra investment and have the option of either one, since I already have the more expensive model. 

LOL Pitcrew,  yeah I'm about a 2hr ride in any direction to a "city".  My little local "city" of about 4k people has a Wal-Mart (soon to be a Super Wal-Mart, whoopie do), Hannaford, McD's, Burger King (which I'm surprised hasn't gone bankrupt),  Dunkin Donuts, Napa and VIP.  Those are about the only chain stores around here.  I grew up here so I'm used to it I guess.
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor

oldchenowth

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 07:10:31 AM »

Heck, you should send one of us a shopping list and we could ship stuff to you cheaper than you could drive to get it.  Especially now that gas is $3.90/gal and diesel is $4.25/ gal. 

By the way, dwneast, I'm glad the plate HX is working well for you.  Thanks for the PM.  It always works out that the fittings cost twice what the main purpose cost.  I'm happy that it was worth your while.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »

I found the stainless rings 25pc at Lowes for $7-$12 depending on size. And the multi crimp tool for $89.
If they are stainless clamps you need a tool like this http://www.lowes.com/pd_153553-61002-69PTKG1096_0__?productId=3572372&Ntt=pex+cinch&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpex%2Bcinch&facetInfo=
Your pex is probably 1". Measure the outside diameter to make sure. It will always match copper outside diameter so if you have 1" it will measure 1-1/8" outside.
I have 3/4" pex. I would like to get 10 of them. How much for 10 shipped to 17752?
The 1" clamps are $5.86 for 5 clamps on the lowes site. That is pretty high. If you need any, I can get you a much better deal on them.

The other option is to use the copper crimp rings. They use a different tool but the same barb fittings.

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier.
The 3/4" clamps are quite a bit cheaper at Lowes than the 1" are. I think they get around $12 for 25 of them. I do have some cheap tools if you are interested. Not the best quality but work fine. If it will help you out, I could give you 10 rings and a tool for $35 shipped and 1-2 dollars each for any fittings you need. (most hardware stores will also have them in stock too)
I think that is somewhere around my cost so feel free to go for it or pass. Just trying to help if I can.

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »

Lol,  we do a lot of mail/internet ordering.  And we try to plan to make our trips worth while and kill as many birds with one stone as possible.  But between my wife and I, we have family on both ends of the state, so we do travel through population from time to time for "family stuff". 
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor
Pages: 1 [2]