Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: tennessee wood stoves  (Read 4738 times)

rugerman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
tennessee wood stoves
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »

anyone happened to no anything about these stoves

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: tennessee wood stoves
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »

Are you looking for a cheap stove again?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 06:00:42 PM »

I have one,  400HE  , on my second year with it and there are several on the forum here that have them  also , I am pleased with my choice after much research and i haven't been sorry i did it yet . I m sure others have their opinions of them and everyone thinks their brand  is best, i own one and would do so again , I researched, compared prices , compared specs and saw a lot of stoves , I was really shocked when i called them , made an appt  to visit shop and got a tour on how they were made and answered all my questions , i liked the fact it was heavier than most out their and appeared to be better built , the customer service is second to none in my opinion

I m very happy with my choice ,
Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »

Are you looking for a cheap stove again?

The guys who sells them kills me, I played off as a customer at the lousiville show and he told me how his was gasification...  It's not, not even close, he doesn't even understand the gasification process and then puts a big white sign on his display saying gasification.   Although the craftsmanship is ok, there still expensive for what you get IMO...   

For those who bought them and are happy, I have no bad feelings, it's just the part of lying about gasification and such that erks me
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »

I seen one just tonight. It was a non gasser but wow it is the heaviest duty built stove I have ever seen. You could cook a chicken on that grate they have in the firebox.

redthunder

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hoss 400 he
  • OWF Model: hoss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »

I have a hoss 400 he love it very well built like everybody says the only problem I have is it has greats in it and the air blows from bottom from fan I cant keep a good coal bed in it they fall through the creats anybody else have this problems I burn all kinds of wood

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »

Yeah I think the grates would make it a pain in the ass to burn wood and keep a good coal bed. The stove is 1/2 inch thick but it could be 1 inch thick and ash can still eat through it.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »

I have a hoss 400 he love it very well built like everybody says the only problem I have is it has greats in it and the air blows from bottom from fan I cant keep a good coal bed in it they fall through the creats anybody else have this problems I burn all kinds of wood

The grates on them seem to far apart, I think it's just 3/4" bar stock isn't it?!

I figured it would be hard to keep chunks from falling through... 

Maybe you could put some heavy screen over the center of the grates?!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:48 AM »

interesting , I have the 400HE with same grates and the only issue i have is the coals tend to block the ports in the back if you don't keep them raked to the front and away from those 2 flue ports  , I usually have 3- 6 inches of coals and make sure i spread them out and away from the 2 ports in the back , only thing falls through is a fine ash in the bottom , no chunks

I think it is more on how it is loaded   , i had to adjust my log cuts so they would be 30-40 inches instead of normal 18 inches , I also make sure i don't put big rounds in there but i split everything and pack it in there tight , when i put the rounds in there there is too much open space between them and they tend to bridge , I burn all kinds of wood , green , seasoned ,

timing also probably helps I tend to load mine when its half down instead of waiting until its completely down to reload ,  i average about every 6 hours when its cold , but i have 2 large greenhouses I'm heating and they can run through the wood when its cold ,

Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

Do you have any extra water storage on the boiler to help extend the heat at night, I typically don't suggest it except in a case like yours where you are heating greenhouses, there is a huge surge on the system at night when the sun is gone and very little during the day in applications like this and a storage tank definately helps to buffer that load
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.