Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: D and S Machine shop  (Read 1876 times)

cdie

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
D and S Machine shop
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:39:16 AM »

anyone have any feedback on this manufacturer.  a buddy picked up a coal stove and is very impressed.  I've heard some decent things but no website as they are amish run out of Lancaster.  they offer a couple boiler models and would love to hear from anyone with knowledge. going to try to make a visit this weekend.

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
Re: D and S Machine shop
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »

Just googled this for you, they have a site at least their products do.

Looks like they manufacture a product called Aquagem
and are sold though someone else.

http://www.amishcoalstoves.com/5262/index.html

cantoo

• OWF Brand: Western Pacific
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »

There used to be a shop near me that built everything from trailers to wood stoves. Most work was done by amish but owned by non amish. The stoves were not certified for use in a dwelling so they no longer build them for use here. I have heard that they still ship some to USA though. You might want to make sure they are certified for use where you live, that means your insurance company too.

cdie

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »

Toured the shop on saturday. I was impressed but am easily impressed. I love to tour small manufacturing  processes and  see someones idea forged into a marketable product. The salesman impressed me with his answer to my question about how business was with the following: "business is very good but when we're this busy people are hurting."  The stove were sturdy stripped down models. Atractive to me as i'm not a bells and whistle guy. All models are pressure boilers and non gassers.  160000 btu was just under 4k. By my investigation as cheap as they come but probably still not cheap enough to get me into a new unit. You can buy direct from the manufacturer also. If i were to purchase one i would ask some questions about warran0ty and service.