Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: meesage to me from my local state senator Doug Thomas  (Read 1476 times)

randy_1

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
meesage to me from my local state senator Doug Thomas
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:46:33 AM »

Doug Thomas
The EPA has proposed rules to reduce emission from new wood stoves. Many of us believe these regulations are unnecessary and will in fact be counter productive. These rules will increase the cost of a new woodstove by hundreds of dollars and cause fewer new stoves to be sold. All new wood stoves on the market today burn much cleaner and burn less wood than older stoves. If we can keep the price of new stoves down and encourage people to buy them we will reduce emissions more by replacing more older stoves.
These new rules will cost Jotul stoves in Westbrook, who employ 70 Maine workers, a million dollars to change the factory at the same time it reduces sales of very good Maine made stoves. Here’s how you can comment on these new regulations.

How to Comment on the Proposed New Source Performance Standards for Residential Wood Heaters
Public Hearing
EPA will hold a public hearing in Boston, MA on Feb. 26, 2014, on the proposed NSPS for Residential Wood Heaters

Learn more and register to speak at the hearing

EPA will accept written comments for 90 days after publication of the proposal in the Federal Register.

Comments on the proposed New Source Performance Standards for Residential Wood Heaters must reference Docket ID:
EPA-HQ-OAR-2009-0734

Comments may be submitted by one of the following methods:

E-mail: Comments may be sent by electronic mail (e-mail) to a-and-r-Docket@epa.gov.
Fax: Fax your comments to: 202-566-9744.
Mail: Send your comments to: Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center, Environmental Protection Agency, Mail Code: 2822T, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 20460.
Hand Delivery or Courier: Deliver your comments to: EPA Docket Center, Room 3334, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 20460. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket’s normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Online at Regulations.gov: Once the rule has published in the Federal Register, follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
Kubota L 3300

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: meesage to me from my local state senator Doug Thomas
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »

I am very glad to hear that Doug is still fighting the battle, perhaps we should all get together and show up to comment on the knee jerk reaction that DEP brokered here in Maine, perhaps Doug should speak with our new director at DEP, Her name is Jaimee Farrin, I actually like her so far, she is a Paul Lepage supporter
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.