Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cleaning chimney on E-Classic 1400  (Read 2316 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Cleaning chimney on E-Classic 1400
« on: December 16, 2014, 06:30:14 AM »

All E-Classic users; what do you use to clean the chimney on your e-classic?  I'm in my 4th season heating with mine and I've never so much as run anything through it.  I've used a mirror to look up through it and other than slight buildup of something on the entire length, there doesn't appear to have any creosote build.  Should I concern myself about it or leave well enough alone?  Thanks.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Ohiowood

• OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: E-classic1400
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning chimney on E-Classic 1400
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:15:03 PM »

Same condition on mine, never messed with it. 

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:24:30 PM »

Okay, I guess that settles it.  I'll leave it alone.  How's your 1400 running for you?  I experienced a minor glitch at fire up this fall but it seemed to have straightened itself out and running without a flaw.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Jack72

• OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:10:10 AM »

Okay, I guess that settles it.  I'll leave it alone.  How's your 1400 running for you?  I experienced a minor glitch at fire up this fall but it seemed to have straightened itself out and running without a flaw.  Roger

Roger/Dan.   
When I did mine I had a 6" chimney brush that I had bought from farm and fleet or Menards I'm sure they have them with 3 ft fiberglass rods that screw together depending how many you need for your stack height they bend if need to a little.        not sure how you and dans 1400 are but my 1450 the bottom portion of the I will say chimney box/removable door I will call it comes off on mine and fed my brush from the bottom up it was very easy to do. It was messy but I'm glad I did because I got a lot of it out mine but here again not sure if you have that option with yours.  The reason I did it is because being so close to my garage when their  was a east wind on occasion some of that soot would from the top of my stack would get on my garage and didn't  come off my siding very well also it doesn't run down outside of your stack
But here again depending on wood quality and dryness I only did mine probably twice through the winter season and when I put away for the summer.     I wish I had a picture too show but I don't sorry

Jack
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter