Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How often does your stove run  (Read 4702 times)

caper

• OWF Brand: heatmaster 5000
    • View Profile
Re: How often does your stove run
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »

Some of these stories are funny, however I think we are all on the same page,lol, when I wake up or if I get up in the middle of the night I know right away if everything is good or if it is panic time, wife thinks im nuts as well, and yes ive gone out in the middle of the night when its minus 20 in shorts or whatever is closet to the bed, ahhhh the joys of owning a wood furnace.....this year ive tried something different,,,, I lit the fire in November and I don't look at any gauges or anything unless theirs something wrong and guess what everything is running perfect , I load the old girl up every 12 hours and this year has been a treat........try it, stay away from the gauges etc and just let the furnace burn.....amazing what will happen if you just let her do her job.........
husky 555
Toyota 4x4
grizzly 700
Harley Street Glide
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Canada

dukethebeagle

• OWF Brand: green mountain woodhog(home built)
  • OWF Model: 0001 hot tamali
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »

I second that ;)!!!!!!!

austin qc
bluegrass rules
pround canadian living in quebec
proud appalachian

intensedrive

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 08:54:15 PM »

Kind of reminds of the movie Christmas Story where the old man is always swearing tinkering with his coal stove haha

intensedrive

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:21 PM »

Great idea .. create a loading schedule and try and stick by it.  But there is always the bridge burn where it seems to skip over half of the wood.  I predict you will be out in your shorts at least once this seasion :)

Some of these stories are funny, however I think we are all on the same page,lol, when I wake up or if I get up in the middle of the night I know right away if everything is good or if it is panic time, wife thinks im nuts as well, and yes ive gone out in the middle of the night when its minus 20 in shorts or whatever is closet to the bed, ahhhh the joys of owning a wood furnace.....this year ive tried something different,,,, I lit the fire in November and I don't look at any gauges or anything unless theirs something wrong and guess what everything is running perfect , I load the old girl up every 12 hours and this year has been a treat........try it, stay away from the gauges etc and just let the furnace burn.....amazing what will happen if you just let her do her job.........

dukethebeagle

• OWF Brand: green mountain woodhog(home built)
  • OWF Model: 0001 hot tamali
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 08:05:18 AM »

true
austin qc
bluegrass rules
pround canadian living in quebec
proud appalachian
Pages: 1 [2]