Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 5036 door rope  (Read 3092 times)

sabercat

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
5036 door rope
« on: December 12, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »

Going on my second year on the stove, theres some black liquid substance leaking out the bottom of the door, figure the rope seal is bad. Unless its coming out when the draft is open, reason why I say that is when the draft is closed, there is no flame going on in firebox. So if its the seal, this is winter, do I shut the stove down, get on propane, and replace the seal, is this a few hours job, or do I have to put seal/silicone iin and let set a time before firing back up?  Thanks

Wrudoing

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: 5036 door rope
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »

Let it burn down peel the old one out wire brush works good to clean it up, apply a bead of silicone put the new rope in load the furnace and shut the door 20 minute job I've done mine hot. You might take a wire brush and fluff the old one up and try that before changing it.

pwdiver

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler since 2009
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • No matter where you go there you are
    • View Profile
    • narronseggstra's
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »

I just replaced my rope gasket 2 day's ago it lasted about a year I would go out several times through out the months when I new the damper was closed because i could see the smoke still coming out, but the gasket will get kind of hard after awhile because of the creosote, Dont know if you have checked it yet but the door damper can get crap under it making it not seal good causing it to use more wood because its getting more air than it should with the damper closed all the way. I waited until most of my wood had burned up then replaced the gasket I let it set for maybe 2 hour's before i reloaded the boiler then re adjusted the latch handle bolt on the boiler :thumbup:
I use a Stihl MS361 saw & MS250 & MS170
New Holland TC30 tractor
powerdiver6000@aol.com

sabercat

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »

OK, thanks for the info. May do it this weekend, I'll check the dampner