Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmaster Gasificaiton units?  (Read 4414 times)

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
Heatmaster Gasificaiton units?
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »

Any info from someone using a Heatmaster gasifier?  How are they working and do the tubes stay clean?  Have you measured you exhaust temps when it is gasifying?

thanks.   
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

Brock

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G100
    • View Profile
Re: Heatmaster Gasificaiton units?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »

I have a g100. Heating 1800 feet,20year old with good insulation.  First year newbe. I have learned to get a good coal base and it has been doing a very good job untill now.  The temp for last night was 1 deg.  I cannot get over 130 deg water temp.   I have a handel on the side for cleaning and I am afraid I will wear the thing out for working it so much.  My wood was purchase  and is sappost to be seasoned oak.

Brock

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:39:17 AM »

Exit temp   I have insulated pipe that came with stove and snow was against it for 3days. I can put my hand on it and feel that it might be warm.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:58:27 AM »

Brock, try killing the circ long enough to get the water temp back up, I think you will find it to operate better at a higher temp.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Brock

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »

Stove temp came up to160 in30 min and I brought house up to temp slowly and stove is doing well.  Thank you for your help. I am in nw ark and my installer  is in Houstan Mo.

birchbark

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: 10000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »

Not sure what the g100 is like, but I did own a g400 for a little while and had big issues with it.  The air tubes going into the fire box would constantly clog up.  It was much worst during the warmer times and then I would notice it when it got cold, the water temp would not come up to temp.  I tried running a plumbing snake down the air tubes and that would work for a little while, but the final fix was trading it in for a 10000e,  I couldn't keep the air tubes open.

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 07:56:37 AM »

I've heard no-so-great things about the first generation gassers from Heatmaster.  Even from HM dealers.  However, I think they are coming out with a new design that will be the envy of all other gassers.  Sounds like they have taken the latest complaints and problems and worked them out into this new design.  I don't know a whole lot of details.  But, one dealer who refused to sell the 1st gen, is really excited about the new ones. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

Brock

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 05:33:41 AM »

My g100 has handle on the left side for cleaning. Directions say to work it 5 times a day. I work the snot out of it and when the stove has ideled some you can feel it to be gummy.  I purchased this owb in August   I don't see any where to  clean it.  In the gasser department  there is the fine ashe to remove but not to often.  I see where other owb you can change the  idel time and the water temps but this one is set at the factory.

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 05:45:29 AM »

My g100 has handle on the left side for cleaning. Directions say to work it 5 times a day. I work the snot out of it and when the stove has ideled some you can feel it to be gummy.  I purchased this owb in August   I don't see any where to  clean it.  In the gasser department  there is the fine ashe to remove but not to often.  I see where other owb you can change the  idel time and the water temps but this one is set at the factory.

Mr. Brock, I think if you really wanted to adjust your settings, you can call and they will give you some kind of passcode.  I know you can do that with Empyre, but I would think HM would offer the same thing.  If you have a good reason.
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 09:01:53 AM »

The New units are far different from the older ones.  The g400 seemed to be the most problematic but even thr older g200 was and has been working well
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697