Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: CB 1400 E doing great with this cold a&$ weather  (Read 1871 times)

Ohiowood

• OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: E-classic1400
    • View Profile
CB 1400 E doing great with this cold a&$ weather
« on: January 07, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »

Been very impressed with the boiler in this very not normal cold!

Hope every one is keeping warm. 

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: CB 1400 E doing great with this cold a&$ weather
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:44 AM »

Ohiowood - Glad to hear your E1400 is working great in the abnormally cold temps you've been experiencing.  This has to be one of the wisest purchases I've ever made. 

For the past 3 weeks I've been experimenting with mine.  I decided to wait for 3 weeks before looking at the primary air holes in the firebox.  I had better clear them this evening when I get home from work.  When I serviced her this morning I noticed she'd struggled to get up to temp.  I have my high set-point at 190 and the low at 185.  Even when the temps were near 20 below zero and a moderate breeze, the water temps wouldn't fall any lower than 182 before going back up and the OWB would recover rather quickly.  This morning the water temp was 180 and struggling to rise from there.  When I opened the firebox door all seemed okay.  I had a couple of pieces firewood left over in the firebox from last evenings fill up, which is not unusual.  But, I decided to press the micro switch that activates the blower to see how the air holes are doing.  I could tell from the sound of the airflow that the holes are beginning to restrict the flow, plus the coals were slow to glow red hot.  Before I topped her off for the day, I cleared 7 of the air holes at the far end of the firebox hoping that will get her through the day.  I'm glad I experimented a bit but the moral of the story is, don't wait any longer than 2 weeks to service those air holes.  Roger       
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
Re: CB 1400 E doing great with this cold a&$ weather
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »

The colder it gets the better my 1400 seems to run this 40degree crap is for the dam CA hippies
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO