Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Energy Saving through Efficient use of HVAC System?  (Read 1727 times)

westcanadian01

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Energy Saving through Efficient use of HVAC System?
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »

how can we save our energy with use of our HVAC system?
is there an efficient way on how we conserve energy and save money?

The importance of HVAC System is beyond to the proper construction of the building whether it is commercial or residential moreover considering its environmental and societal effects. Keeping the HVAC system working properly and efficiently is the top most consideration to conserve the use of energy. HVAC systems that use less energy save us to cost lots of money for our electric bills and repairs and maintenance.
So if you have your idea on how I can optimize the use of my HVACs at home to save energy consumption feel free to suggest. In advance I would like to say thank you for any suggestion. :)

Ridgekid

Re: Energy Saving through Efficient use of HVAC System?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »

My top tips?

1. Change the filter once a month, whether it needs it or not. Cheap Maintenance.
2. Set the AC to a higher temp. (I used to run at 72F, but changed it to 75F) Most AC units are only efficent to lower the inside temp 20F from outside temp.
3. Attic insulation up to par? Last fall I noticed my blown in insulation had settled in our then 18 year home. I added approx 18" and now the upstairs is within 1 degree of the downstair temp. (used to be 5 degrees)
4. Buy a OWB! Once I get mine started it will heat my home and DHW, Saving me 600 kWh/month!

Hope this is what you were looking for.

westcanadian01

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Saving through Efficient use of HVAC System?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:20:23 PM »

Thanks for the tips.. :D