Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Usage?  (Read 2787 times)

kybaseball

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000E
    • View Profile
Usage?
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »

Was wonder what is the daily usage of electric? I have put in a stove and was wondering where I stand with the usage that I am keeping up with. I am using about 60 kilowatts in 24 hours.

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Usage?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »

60khw...   Hmm...  I usually go through around 750/month.  That's in the winter. 

60x30 = 1200

At my electric rate your bill would be $158.40

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Ridgekid

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

I just ran into this "test". I use 4 KwH/day or 120 KwH/month with my TACO 009 pump.

It was too bad my Grundfos didn't work out. It would of came out to 30 KwH/month.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »

My average is 43 per day
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »

My house is about 6000 square feet. We used to keep the temp. at 70 and was still little cold while using about 7000 kilowatts in the winter on a good month and when it got really cold out could be well over 9000 so I am happy so far with I see but like everything I am guessing that I can do better. Also my stove is using what I would think is a low average of wood and we are only checking it 2 a day. Have the temp. set at 160 and it is keeping up fine. If you guys know of anything that I could do it would be appreciated very much and thanks for helping.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »

As far as your stove....  I think your doing about as good as you could possibly expect with a 6000 sq ft home....   I know I'm using less but I have all 13-20 watt bulbs through my house vs 40-150watt bulbs, I also have an electric wattage checker that I play with that shows me how much I spend on whatever I plug into it.

Things to consider are lighting, leaving large coffee pots on all day, anything like that.

On the stove the only place you could gain a bit of efficiency is in the pump or pumps??? A pump like I assume you have is probably 150watts or so or about 15-17bucks a month
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »

7000 watts? At my current Consumers Energy rate that would be about 870 bucks. That is the largest electricity usage I've ever heard of for a home. My hand is cramping up as I type just thinking about writing out that check :'( You must have a house FULL of girls who leave lights on all of the time and take lots of showers.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »

Marty, I see folks here in my area that have electric bills over $800 bucks a month in the winter heating roughly 2k sq ft.....   Most of them that have those bills live in double wides or poorly insulated homes.  The electric rate here is going up 31.9% this spring so imagine next year .

The folks who usually have these high bills are low income and can't get the money to buy an owb, so it's a mess all the way around
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

The electric bill for the month before OWB installed was $550.00

And that was keeping the heat set on a teeth chattering 68 degrees with 13 seer units.

I enjoy being warm!
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 03:41:27 AM »

Before the OWB we was keeping the house set at 70 and very cold and the heat pumps and heat stripes running like a bunch of wild dogs. We pay a budget payment of 475 to 520 every month before I installed the stove. I know that I am now down to only spending about 200 at the highest for the total bill. I am keeping a daily track of usage. That is keeping the house set at 74 now and man that makes a difference. Now i can seat down and watch sone tv without having to get down in my snuggie to keep warm. That was a joke!!! I really appreciate all for the comments just seeing how good the stove is doing.