Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: good price or not and rebate?  (Read 3565 times)

kf42

• View Profile
good price or not and rebate?
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »

Hi to all you out there....I am new to the forum and the idea of getting a owf . I have been reading reviews and looking at different models I have a 2000 square foot home and a 120 square foot building.....home is not insulated the greatest and the building is not yet insulated at all. I have decided to go with the mf3000e by heatmaster I have two dealers of them close to were I live, they are giving me a price of $8,200.00 installed,the question is is this about the going price for the 3000e and also I seen on the web site that u can get up to 2,000 off on certain models until April of 2013 is this true?

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: good price or not and rebate?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:13:47 PM »

Hi to all you out there....I am new to the forum and the idea of getting a owf . I have been reading reviews and looking at different models I have a 2000 square foot home and a 120 square foot building.....home is not insulated the greatest and the building is not yet insulated at all. I have decided to go with the mf3000e by heatmaster I have two dealers of them close to were I live, they are giving me a price of $8,200.00 installed,the question is is this about the going price for the 3000e and also I seen on the web site that u can get up to 2,000 off on certain models until April of 2013 is this true?

They tell us to artificially inflate the suggested retail price and then advertise a sale to give the illusion of a sale!!!  Did I just say that?  Yes I did, oh well.  Just the truth.  I usually don't participate in such gimmicks but rather just try to give folks the best price I can.  I feel it's much better to be honest and up front vs telling a customer I'm giving you a $1000 dollar discount, when it's really only $300 and then hide that $300 somewhere else in the bill.  Honesty is the best answer

Feel free to call me to discuss what your getting and I'll let you know if your getting a fair deal
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:16:38 PM by Scott7m »
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

oldchenowth

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »

Is the $2000 from the dealer or in tax incentive?  All the new rules, check with your tax person to see if it still qualifies.  My metal roof from last year that was eligible, may not be now.  Won't know until at least March 1 when the new form is devised.  Nice, huh?

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »

Is the $2000 from the dealer or in tax incentive?  All the new rules, check with your tax person to see if it still qualifies.  My metal roof from last year that was eligible, may not be now.  Won't know until at least March 1 when the new form is devised.  Nice, huh?

No, it's nothing to do with tax credits..  It's just a deal that heatmaster does in the spring/summer when change retail pricing then make cuts off of that, the $2000 is on a 20,000 sq ft unit.  The 3000's typically get 500-1000 off but only after msrp is raised by a lot
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Ohiowood

• OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: E-classic1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »

How much are the boilers you sell?   Scott7m ?

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »

How much are the boilers you sell?   Scott7m ?

I have boilers starting at $3880 and go up to near $20,000

I normally try to make folks parts/stove package prices... 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Sdh1218

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »

Scott
Thanks for being honest about the discounts there advertising.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:18:05 PM »

Scott
Thanks for being honest about the discounts there advertising.

We can guive somewhat better prices during a sale, it's just not what they make it out to be... 

For example, if the company says were gonna do a 1000 off sale..  They call us and say we'll give you 250, will you give 250.   Then they say raise msrp up $500, then it looks like $1000
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

oldchenowth

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:23 AM »

Nice of them to put you guys on a shoestring budget to cough up another $250+/-  so they can look like they are "giving" out a deal.

Gotta give full respect to you for honesty, Scott :thumbup:

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 06:36:27 AM »

Yea I refuse to participate in the gimmick sales they run in the spring and summer.  I have my retail prices cut below the suggested retail anyway, if I cut much more its not worth my time to sell a furnace. And I don't want the reputation of the used car salesman with slick gimmicks to make sales, I want customers to feel like I'm being straight and honest with them.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 07:49:55 AM »

Yea I refuse to participate in the gimmick sales they run in the spring and summer.  I have my retail prices cut below the suggested retail anyway, if I cut much more its not worth my time to sell a furnace. And I don't want the reputation of the used car salesman with slick gimmicks to make sales, I want customers to feel like I'm being straight and honest with them.

Amen buddy, I was curious if you had seen that "sale" stuff..   I like you don't appreciate funny business lol
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »

And to answer the question by kf42, the MF3000e lists at $5,900. I sell the furnace installed including sales tax for $7895, that is my price year around. The only thing that wouldn't include is the ditch. 
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master