Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Empyre questions  (Read 1918 times)

mw10737

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: 250 Deluxe
    • View Profile
Empyre questions
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:03:41 PM »

Ok guys.. need your input or ideas.

Yesterday couldnt get stove over 150.. and it ended up being my 6"stove pipe had a hole the size of my finger left in  the very top.  It is at 17 ft high.  I have stove inside a building and needed that height to get over my peak.

Anyways. It was only the top 1 inch of pipe, besides that the rest of the pipe was perfect clean..

So my question is have any of you guys had this same issue and if so what did you do besides clean it?

Was wondering is i added a 12" piece of single wall at the top?  Its double wall pipe, jsut thinking it might be cooling off and causing build up. 

I have no rain cap on on it so there is no restriction there.  But again it was ONLY the top inch...but it was quite  a sight seeing and 1/2" hole left in a 6" pipe..

Throw your ideas guys....

8)
Empyre Deluxe 250( NON-GASSER)
MS660 Magnum-36"
MS271-20"
018C-14"
2007 GMC Crew Cab Duramax
Plainfield, Iowa

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Empyre questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 05:02:09 AM »

Ive seen a few furnaces do that when they have tall stacks on them. I always just grabbed a ladder a couple times a year and clean the stack.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

XJCraver

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: CWP 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »

I don't know how to tell you to fix it, but I'm glad you posted the question.  Gives me something else to check should I ever have trouble with mine!

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

Tall stack owner here .. I've had/ have that exact problem.... Furnace doesn't run like normal..  I'm 19ft up.. At the very top, it plugs up but the rest of the stack is clean as a whistle.. I clean my stack with bush and rod when I notice the smoke doesn't come out as normal.. I've cleaned it couple of times this yr so far ..really the only way to prevent it is up shorten the stack or clean it.. Single wall will plug up.. Been there done that .. You can buy the brush and fiberglass rods at Lowes.. Works slick
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire