Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Zone Valve not working  (Read 2246 times)

husky 555

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
Zone Valve not working
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:06:35 AM »

Will be starting up my owb Nov. 1, but right now I am having an issue with my first floor zone.  The past couple of days my first floor has been heating really warm.  Last night I turned off the tstat. and even removed its batteries thinking this morning the first floor would be cold.  However, this morning I could tell that the first floor was still receiving heat .  Could it be that the zone valve has gone bad?  I appreicate any thoughts on this issue before I call the heating man.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Zone Valve not working
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:18:56 AM »

Will be starting up my owb Nov. 1, but right now I am having an issue with my first floor zone.  The past couple of days my first floor has been heating really warm.  Last night I turned off the tstat. and even removed its batteries thinking this morning the first floor would be cold.  However, this morning I could tell that the first floor was still receiving heat .  Could it be that the zone valve has gone bad?  I appreicate any thoughts on this issue before I call the heating man.

Def sounds like it coulda stuck open
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

husky 555

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »

Any ways to close it?.  Or am I looking at replacement?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 04:38:33 AM »

Try opening it manually and flushing it like you would if you were purging air from that zone,at the same time give it a good tap on the valve with a wrench, this may dislodge anything stuck in the valve, the zone valve is normally closed with lack of power so it is not wiring or a bad valve, it is stuck open for whatever reason. it could also be a short in the TT wires, try pulling one wire off at the zone valve relay for that zone and see if it closes, if it does, there is a short somewhere.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.