Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Aquastack  (Read 2258 times)

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
Aquastack
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »

Anybody else have any experience with an Aquastack? I did some searching but couldn't come up with a whole lot of good info. Was hoping someone has had one of these for a while and we could get their point of view or possibly a similar product?
 http://bestsolarboilers.com/aquastack/

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Re: Aquastack
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »

ITO,

I saw this product a few years ago and looked and looked for people on forums that had bought one. I could never find anyone either. I though the concept was interesting and could have merit to it. I didn't like that fact that the return lines had to be plumbed up to the roof. I think I emailed the seller and asked for contact info of some people that had bought them so that I could ask them how well it worked. I believe he gave me one person and that person said that it helped but couldn't give me any hard numbers like return temps before and after the unit. Its kind of pricey for what it is. Really just two small metal boxes welded up and linked together with two fittings.

ITO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »

I dug up an old post on this forum about it but not very helpful, recently it was mentioned on the HeatSource 1 brand post on this forum so at least one person is using it, hoping to hear from others.
 I have the same concern about the external piping Hondaracer but if it really saved a bunch of wood/effort I guess that would be OK by me! I can see where a person could make one like it, anybody out there doing that?

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »

ITO,

I think you should buy it and report back on your findings. LOL, its always easier to spend someone else's money!

ITO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »

That's funny HR! You are right about no response in this thread though, I thought maybe someone would at least rip it apart or maybe have made one themselves and wanted to sell a knock-off! Maybe we could go halves on one, you can use it all summer!!!

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »

Halves sounds great, my half of the cost is in the mail ;)