Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any Eclassic users in Northern Indiana  (Read 3034 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Any Eclassic users in Northern Indiana
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »

Like the title of the thread says, I'd like to actually see a Eclassic in use. Southern Michigan would also be good.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
Re: Any Eclassic users in Northern Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:59:24 AM »

You will find someone,I never saw one running before I bought mine but Im as happy as I could ever be with it,assume you are thinking of buying one.the owner of the saw mill,tree service where I bought mine was so good and told me what I needed to know and he was right on! I wanted the next model up and he said you don't need it!  Honest as could be mine great fit!

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »

Buy or built. To decide which I need to settle on a design, best way to settle on a design is to see em up close and personal. Then once the design is settled upon I can price out materials, forming cost and my time then decide how much if any money would be saved. Depending how close the buy or build came to one another a warranty would also play a part in it.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

5050racing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »

I really like the electronics that run this and helps me keep track and help it run to its best,without that info I would be out there looking to see what's going on its  fantastic how they have it set up!had a old chief heat inside wood boiler for 18 years so I'm not new to heating with wood .

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »

The electronic control doesn't bother me, I've added a lot of new technology to the farm over the years with auto steer and automatic electronic controls for the corn dryer amongst a few. The fact that it can only be bought from Central Boiler turns me off in a big way.

If they used off the shelf PID controllers or something that could be bought locally that'd be much better. I also imagine dealers don't keep a spare around.

I have experience with proprietary stuff like that, it never fails till late in the day right before a four day weekend, at best you'll receive the replacement in a week.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

5050racing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »

I would bet the savings it gives with running to its best efficiently all the time would way more then pay for the little oil/propane/electricity that the time down would offset?Just how we'll I feel the unit performs!  I like being away and be able to view what my furnace is doing or not.Was just away for 30hrs in this REAL winter single digits and to be able to check on it being 4hrs from home,you have to admit this is a nice feature!,for me it sure is.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »

I would bet the savings it gives with running to its best efficiently all the time would way more then pay for the little oil/propane/electricity that the time down would offset?Just how we'll I feel the unit performs!  I like being away and be able to view what my furnace is doing or not.Was just away for 30hrs in this REAL winter single digits and to be able to check on it being 4hrs from home,you have to admit this is a nice feature!,for me it sure is.

No doubt, I thought that was cool as well when I checked CB's website out. I just hate being over a barrel on proprietary stuff, they know they have you and can charge anything they want for the replacement as it's not like you can buy one just anywhere.

The part about checking it from a desktop or smartphone is cool, I think I'll be adding several of these, Control by Web, to my grain handling and drying setup so I can check on it from the field, house or VFW at will. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:45:58 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

5050racing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »

Yes it's way cool to be able to oversee its operation,farmer here on a smaller scale 60 acres of nice orchard grass hay,no grain work another full time job as a lineman for the power co.Good luck with your build,the only stove I built is my maple syrup evaporater out of 275 oil tank wools good.