Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Memorial Day on public television  (Read 1779 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Memorial Day on public television
« on: May 26, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »

Last night my wife and I watched the local public television station to see the tribute to our Veterans, it was a nicely put together tribute and we reflected on the sacrifices that our brave men and women have made in order to secure our liberties here in this nation as well as many others in foreign lands. If you happen to be a Veteran, I would like to THANK YOU for your service, my LIBERTY means everything to me and I THANK YOU for it.
  That being said, with all the news lately of how our Vets are being treated in the VA, the one thing I saw that was very disturbing to me was the presence of Harry Reid at the ceremony, does the man have no conscience at all, I can think of no one person who has done more to harm the military men and women of our nation than he, The military when I did my short stint in the Army national guard during the Reagan years was a proud place to be, it was a leg up to those of us looking for a better life than our parents could afford to give us, we were offered further education, low interest loans for homes etc. as well as a stable environment that some of us including me did not enjoy at home, the stability in the Army did a world of good for me, I don't think I would be the man I am today without that pride I felt back then, I know I am not alone with those sentiments, I THANK YOU AGAIN VETERANS as well as the US MILITARY for those wonderful benefits, as far as Harry Reid and John McCain, you get ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FROM ME. Be safe folks and enjoy your LIBERTY for as long as we can hold onto it, have a great weekend.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Memorial Day on public television
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »

:post:
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

gainerspot

• OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: Ultimizer BL 2840 (soon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »

You said it best slim,
Thank you too Slim all you other vets!!

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »

Can't agree more Slim.  I try to thank them any day of the year that I can, both veterans and uniformed members.  Being next to Ft. Riley KS, its a full time job and love to do it!

My veteran cousin pointed out to me earlier today that today is in place to pay respect and gratitude to those that never had the chance to become veterans and gave the ultimate sacrifice.  The ones that are veterans are honored in November.  He is technically correct, but say thanks to those living every day, you can do no wrong and avoid confusion!

Thanks to all of you reading today that currently wear or have worn any of our nations military uniforms! :thumbup:
What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 04:11:12 AM »

Glad you guys agree, some folks think I'm soft in the squash for making statements like this on the internet as they think big brother is watching, we all know they are and if they have enough time to pay attention to me then they are leaving somebody else alone!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »

Last night my wife and I watched the local public television station to see the tribute to our Veterans, it was a nicely put together tribute and we reflected on the sacrifices that our brave men and women have made in order to secure our liberties here in this nation as well as many others in foreign lands. If you happen to be a Veteran, I would like to THANK YOU for your service, my LIBERTY means everything to me and I THANK YOU for it.
  That being said, with all the news lately of how our Vets are being treated in the VA, the one thing I saw that was very disturbing to me was the presence of Harry Reid at the ceremony, does the man have no conscience at all, I can think of no one person who has done more to harm the military men and women of our nation than he, The military when I did my short stint in the Army national guard during the Reagan years was a proud place to be, it was a leg up to those of us looking for a better life than our parents could afford to give us, we were offered further education, low interest loans for homes etc. as well as a stable environment that some of us including me did not enjoy at home, the stability in the Army did a world of good for me, I don't think I would be the man I am today without that pride I felt back then, I know I am not alone with those sentiments, I THANK YOU AGAIN VETERANS as well as the US MILITARY for those wonderful benefits, as far as Harry Reid and John McCain, you get ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FROM ME. Be safe folks and enjoy your LIBERTY for as long as we can hold onto it, have a great weekend.

Well said, Slimjim.  I could have never put that into words as well as you did.   :post:
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire