Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: looking for new stove  (Read 4362 times)

tree climber

• OWF Brand: leaky 165 shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
looking for new stove
« on: September 19, 2014, 04:34:37 PM »

looking to get new stove sence this crappy shaver died on me. been looking at wood master 4400.my budget is                         $7000 .        any input would what to b ywould be great       

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: looking for new stove
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »

I think that with your budget, Wood Master would be a good choice. Can I give you a bit of advise? I hope so because I'm going to post it anyway, first, do some research and see the true value of burning wood for YOU. I know you feel you have a bad taste in your mouth and it may be justified, I also know that Greg has tried to help with your problems, in my opinion you have not treated him fairly! This Forum is a help Forum not a Bash fest, Please don't carry your anger further with your next purchase! We are ALL here to help you burn wood, including Greg!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

sceptre74

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »

:post:

tree climber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:37:22 PM »

have nothing against greg just shaver .trying to help people not to make the mistake i did with shaver.

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:09 PM »

Burning wood is a good thing!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 04:49:47 AM »

I beg your pardon, a few post ago you wrote that he is as bad as they, CROOKS, if I were in his shoes, I would take that as an insult and certainly not go out of my way to try and help you. Try to remember this, you purchased a very inexpensive stove compared to most of the rest of us, some folks can get along with cheap in lots of things we buy, heck some of us build our own, most of us are man enough to admit when we make a mistake and don't resort to name calling rather on the phone or online, my point is that when a conversation starts out with name calling, it tends to put up a wall and nothing gets solved!

Hammersquash

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 ProHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 05:16:56 AM »

, some folks can get along with cheap in lots of things we buy, heck some of us build our own, most of us are man enough to admit when we make a mistake and don't resort to name calling rather on the phone or online, my point is that when a conversation starts out with name calling, it tends to put up a wall and nothing gets solved!

Amen

:post:
Stihl 362
Stihl 660 Magnum
Kubota BX25
New Holland L213
Fiskars X27
2012 F250 King Ranch 6.7 TD

Hammersquash

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 ProHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 05:39:16 AM »

looking to get new stove sence this crappy shaver died on me. been looking at wood master 4400.my budget is                         $7000 .        any input would what to b ywould be great       

I would think all you had to do was edit this message and remove "crappy Shaver died on me" and you would be showered in a windfall of  suggestions on maximizing your purchased based on your budget.  This forum happens to hold the most genuinely helpful, generous and most certainly educated people when it comes to hydronic heating systems.  I try to do as much self study as possible before I ask any questions as I actually feel guilty when someone PM's me a hand drawn diagram to help me understand a theory.
  You can find complaints on pretty much every boiler out there.  But there is a solution to every problem and all you have to do is ask for help and realize you chose to heat your home with an outdoor wood boiler.  There is a certain amount of risk to this and the variables involved in pattern failure are almost infinite.  If I went to my business today and put 5 hours in I could buy about 1000 litres of oil.  I choose to cut and stack some wood.  How crazy is that crap?
Stihl 362
Stihl 660 Magnum
Kubota BX25
New Holland L213
Fiskars X27
2012 F250 King Ranch 6.7 TD

woodbutcher

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 09:06:27 AM »

Just because the OWB cost more don't make it a better boiler. An inexpensive one will work just as well as an one that cost twice as much it just depends on your requirements. I heard of OWB manufactures that test every OWB on the market and they all come out with the best one on the market. Just talked to the CB dealer and he told me he toured the factory and saw every OWB on the market and test them all and then come up with the best idea and there's is the best. The best advise is to talk to people who have an OWB and get there input. One brand might be great for one guy and the next guy with the same boiler hates it. Talking to different owner with different brands is the best way to make a decision.   

tree climber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »

good post wood bucther. most people around hear have hardy stoves.a buddy of mine has a wood master and likes it alot.i talked to a dealer seamed like a good guy. also talked with scott about heatmaster and empire .slim jim i thought this was a country with freedom of speech and when some one wrongs me i will speek up sorry if you dont see it that way

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 07:22:52 AM »

Oh but it is! I simply see no reason to call a man who is trying to help you a crook! Obviously you did not do enough research to know what you were buying and perhaps you should do a better job of it in the future, again your beef should be with the builder and not a dealer that never made a nickel from your sale but is more than willing to work with you to solve your issue!

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 09:06:11 AM »

Oh but it is! I simply see no reason to call a man who is trying to help you a crook! Obviously you did not do enough research to know what you were buying and perhaps you should do a better job of it in the future, again your beef should be with the builder and not a dealer that never made a nickel from your sale but is more than willing to work with you to solve your issue!
I'll will have to disagree once more. The dealer don't make a nickle from a sale. Research is the best when buying an outdoor boiler.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »

Man oh Man woodbutcher, do you read? GREG did not sell him the boiler and was only trying to help, attacking him was not called for in any way!!!!!

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »

Sorry, I guess I just read to fast. Didn't see he was working with a different dealer, and not the one that sold him the boiler. I hope he gets the answers he needs.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »

Apology graciously accepted! Thank you for taking the time to reread the post!
Pages: [1] 2