Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: new owner of e classic 1400  (Read 2202 times)

Bud650

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: classic
  • OWF Model: classic Edge 560
    • View Profile
new owner of e classic 1400
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »

Hi all ! I bought a used e 1400 and with some great appreciated help I have installed it myself . Just a little background of my setup I own 14 wooded acres in Smithfield Maine I have a DK 35 Kioti  tractor so i cut my own fire wood . I have been running a memco m 100 for the last 10 years so I am not new to wood boilers . I am new to this unpasteurized ODWB systems . I did install a 50 plate heat exchanger . My ODWB is 70 feet from the house and then 50 feet to the heat exchanger I am running a 007 pump on the ODWB . I know nothing about sizing pumps so that would be my first Question. Should change that pump to a bigger pump ? My second question is what do you use to clean in behind the air holes ? Any info any one else has would be greatly appreciated.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: new owner of e classic 1400
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:07:07 AM »

We have a dealer in Brewer Maine that is quite familiar with CB's products, I would bet he could be lots of help for you, his name is Lyndon, you guys all know him as Big Wood, he normally is on here morning and evening, try to personal message him,he's a great guy and very willing to help.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:35:02 AM »

Hi all ! I bought a used e 1400 and with some great appreciated help I have installed it myself . Just a little background of my setup I own 14 wooded acres in Smithfield Maine I have a DK 35 Kioti  tractor so i cut my own fire wood . I have been running a memco m 100 for the last 10 years so I am not new to wood boilers . I am new to this unpasteurized ODWB systems . I did install a 50 plate heat exchanger . My ODWB is 70 feet from the house and then 50 feet to the heat exchanger I am running a 007 pump on the ODWB . I know nothing about sizing pumps so that would be my first Question. Should change that pump to a bigger pump ? My second question is what do you use to clean in behind the air holes ? Any info any one else has would be greatly appreciated.

ericr1965 - Welcome to the forum.  Lot's of smart people on here. 

My E-Classic 1400 has a Taco 009-F5 on it (It came with it).  I believe the 009-F5 has a higher head pressure on it as opposed to the 007.  I may be wrong but someone with more knowledge than I will offer their expertise.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:38:02 AM »

Spot on Roger
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Big Wood

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler Heatsource 1
  • OWF Model: E-2300 Model 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »

Welcome aboard Eric.  slim i actually stopped by on my way back home from being down south today to see Eric he is doing fine if Roger would contact him i think it might be a big help thanks Roger keep the CB's running
Outdoor wood boiler repair and help

Bud650

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: classic
  • OWF Model: classic Edge 560
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »

Thanks to big wood for stopping by and looking at my system . Roger I would be very interested in talking to you  more  about fine tuning my e 1400.